Monday, June 21, 2010

a skirt divided is a crappy fit

I bought a divided "skirt" online. The divided skirt is another favorite amongst those crazy female bike riders of the late 19th century. (No I have yet to buy the ever popular bloomers, per my lovely readers, as I am forgetting to take my measurements).

The divided skirt is not really a skirt but more like a jumper. I wish I still had the picture of it online. But "skirt" actually meant skirt with an ugly turtleneck upper half sewed tightly to the skirt. With a zipper that goes from the neck to the lower butt area.

This is what I call false advertisement.

All is not lost. As I embrace my sisters of centuries' past, I will cut off the ugly top half and hem the damn thing so it is actually a skirt and not a jumper that is too short for me (hi, long torso! what up.)

The divided skirt is way awesome though. Warm, awkward looking, and above all else--bike friendly!

1 comment:

  1. A divided skirt sounds about as schizophrenic as a mullet. All 'lady' in the skirt, all 'biker' down the middle.

    ReplyDelete